Friday, April 13, 2012

Bike to Work Day

<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Headed to the Marana Health Center
Many of you know that I love hiking. Marana has many beautiful trails that run through our great community. But in addition to great hiking trails, Marana is also a recreation destination for many other forms of outdoor activities, including cycling. On April 6, the Town partnered with the Marana Health Center to hold “Bike to Work Day” an event intended to encourage our employees and residents to stay active and healthy.  Recreation is a focus area of the Town’s Strategic Plan, and I was happy to put the rubber to the road and participate in this great annual event.
My day started at 6 a.m. when I dusted off my mountain bike, grabbed my helmet and headed down to Gladden Farms Park to meet with Town employees to make the 3-mile ride to the Marana Health Center. The weather was beautiful, the ride was enjoyable and we all had healthy snacks waiting for us when we reached the Health Center. I encourage everyone to take the time to enjoy a bike ride with their families. Many of our roads have dedicated bike lanes to promote safe cycling. Marana is also home to a couple of great biking events. The Tour of the Tucson Mountains starts and ends at the Marana Municipal Complex on April 28.
Now that I’m back on the road with my bike, I look forward to seeing our residents and visitors enjoying our Town’s many cycling trails. Biking is a great way to get a little exercise, see the great outdoors and have fun with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment